The oxygen sensor detects the O2 concentration in the exhaust gas. Primarily located in the exhaust stream, it will help the onboard computer define optimal fuel efficiency. This sensor does not directly measure the air fuel ratio, but the O2 variant between the exhaust gas and ambient air which it communicates back to the ECU.
- High-quality Japanese ceramic sensing elements
- Waterproof connector to perfectly match the vehicle’s mating harness
- Anti-seize thread coating pre-applied on all parts
- All accessories included for installation (rubber grommets, tie wraps, push in clips)
- Protective cap on all models to protect the sensing element from dirt and contamination
Most Common Oxygen Sensor Products
Common Oxygen Sensor Failure Symptoms
- CEL illumination
- Decreased gas mileage
- Loss of power
Common Causes of Failure
Over time, accumulation of grime and environmental debris can accumulate on the sensing element and prevent proper readings.
Depending on the location of the sensor and its secondary functions, a failed unit can decrease gas mileage, cause rough engine idles and even throw off ignition timing.
Always follow the check engine light and watch out for fuel over consumption.