Camshaft and Crankshaft Position Sensors
The most important sensors of any engine, the crankshaft and camshaft position sensors are integral to the functionality of the distributor and ignition timing.
The crankshaft position sensor monitors as a multifunctional sensor used to set ignition timing, detect engine RPM and relative engine speed. This sensor negates the need for manual distributor timing.The camshaft position sensor is used to determine which cylinder is firing to synchronize the fuel injector and coil firing sequence.
- Precision fit connector to perfectly match the vehicle’s mating harness
- Leveraging our OE engineers’ expertise, each unit is designed along the same requirements as its OE counterpart
- Each unit is tested in its designated vehicle to ensure high quality stability and reliability
- All sensors are salt spray tested to ensure the highest possible resistance to corrosion
- Thermal shock testing to ensure reliability in all road conditions
- Precisely manufactured based on our Canadian engineers’ in-depth knowledge of the original part product
- Durability tested with a long-cycle thermal shock test
- Real life road tested to ensure product life longevity
Most Popular Camshaft & Crankshaft Sensor Products
Common Camshaft & Crankshat Sensor Failure Symptoms
- Check engine light comes on
- Engine not starting
- Poor performance
- Engine stalling
- Increased fuel consumption
- Inconsistent acceleration
- Sudden drops in RPM
Common Causes of Failure
Over time, any sensor will fail either from accidents, power issues, or normal wear. Due to crankshaft or camshaft position sensor failure, an engine might cut, die while driving or refuse to start.
A faulty sensor may lead to catastrophic engine failure.