Validation and Testing
In Trollhättan, Sweden, our engineers perform all development, validation, durability and component testing in our fully equipped fuel systems tests laboratory. They are experienced in car testing in different climates from the hot temperatures of Arizona to the winter tests in northern Sweden.
Fuel Systems Laboratory
The complete fuel systems laboratory has the necessary equipment to test fuel systems in order to evaluate mechanical strength, functional performance, legal requirements and a complete validation of the system.
- Fuel Filling Lab
- The fuel lab has two fuel filling stations designed to represent an ordinary gas service station with standard service station components. They may use different fuels (Gasoline, E85 and Diesel), fuel temperature, fill nozzles or fuel flows.
- Climate Chamber
- The walk-in explosion-proof chamber is designed for fuel tank temperature cycling, fuel tank roll-over, hydraulic pressure tests and fuel filling tests. Utilizing only mechanical refrigeration and electrical heating, the chamber offers wide ranges of high and low temperatures as well as controlled humidity.
- Fuel Slosh Durability
- The slosh test facility may house up to three tank assemblies simultaneously and test gasoline, E85 and diesel fuels.
- Fuel Tank Pressure/Vacuum
- This test equipment performs thousands of pressure and vacuum cycle to ascertain the typical fuel tank durability.
- Fuel Pump Durability
- Two test tanks rigs may house eight modules at the same time for fuel pump durability testing. Fuel type (like gasoline, E85 or diesel), temperature and fuel pressure are the variables that can be altered in the tests.
- Other Available Services
- SHED chamber for evaporative emission tests
- Fuel tank ageing
- In-vehicle integration tests for temperature measurement, fuel supply, etc.
- Storage of test fuel
- Component dust test rig
- Leak test
- Fuel tank frames
- Fuel lever sender test rig
Simulation is an integrated part of our development. Our team performs these tests according to project requirement to validate the performance of our fuel systems in real-life situations.
- Fatigue and stress optimization
- Press forming
- G-Loading: lateral, vertical and fore/aft
- Sag analysis
- P/V Cycling
- Tank Burst System
- Tank Burst Shell
- Tank Creep Growth
- Tank Bottom at Lowest Modal Frequency
- MRA R-V Pitch and Roll Sensitivity
- MRA R-V Linearity
- Canister Bracket Lowest Modal Frequency
- Fill Pipe Nozzle Load
Fuel Systems Validation
Our team has a long history of performing development and validation within global fuel system projects with different requirements. They have the capacity to validate a complete Fuel Tank design according to OEM specifications.
In-Vehicle Integration Testing
- Hot climate tests in Arizona
- Dust intrusion
- Water intrusion
- Low fuel performance
- Fuel supply tests
- Winter test in northern Sweden
- Flow and pressure drop test with different engine load