Present on all vehicles, the oil pan is part of the engine lubrication system and acts as a receptacle for the engine oil, located directly under the engine. An important feature of the oil pan is the drain plug which is utilized for oil changes.
Steel Oil Pans
- Utilizes special conductive paint to dissipate static charge and prevent corrosion
- Precision welded to ensure durability
- Includes OE design baffle to prevent oil starvation and engine failure
- Leak, road, fit, peel and salt tested to ensure performance
Aluminum Oil Pans
- Manufactured with high quality aluminum
- Most models feature steel inserts to prevent stripped threads caused by over-torqueing
- Fit and road tested to ensure performance
Oil Pan Steel Insert
- Most Spectra Premium aluminum oil pans feature a unique steel drain plug insert.
- This steel insert on Aluminum Oil Pans significantly increases the life of the oil pan by providing increased durability while maintaining the OE drain plug specifications.
Most popular oil pan products
Common Oil Pan Failure Symptoms
- Oil leaks
- Loss of power
- Seizing engine
Common Causes of Failure
- Physical damage