As the name implies, the fuel tank is the primary receptacle for combustion fluid in the automotive industry. Made from steel or plastic, these fuel tanks are located between the back wheels of a vehicle and secured by a set of fuel tank straps.
- Made of high quality corrosion resistant Ecokote Steel
- Built to meet or exceed manufacturer’s specifications
- Extensive quality control at all levels of production
- Leak, road and fit tested to ensure performance
- Perfect fit guaranteed
Spectra Premium is the world-leading aftermarket steel fuel tank manufacturer and a tier-1 Fuel Tank OEM
Find your vehicle
Most popular applications for fuel tanks
Visit our online catalog.
Common Failure Symptoms
- Smell of gas
- Leaking fuel
- Check engine light
Common Causes of Failure
Plastic Fuel Tank
- The metal Lock Ring integrated in the Fuel Tank will rust and prevent the installation of the Fuel Module
- Components such as vent valve, ROV (roll over valve) are integrated within the Fuel Tank and cannot be replaced upon failure
- The steel fuel tank is commonly affected by rust over time, which requires replacement. It may also fail due to direct physical damage.
- Rust in the tank can contaminate the fuel and cause further damage to the vehicle
Find a distributor near youWhere to buy