Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor
The manifold absolute pressure sensor (MAP sensor) works with intake air pressure to define proper air and fuel quantities required for the ignition cylinders. The MAP sensor measures the vacuum of the intake manifold, which fluctuates according to engine load, relative to the barometric pressure.
- Anti-seize thread coating pre-applied on all parts
- OE-level reliability and function
- All sensors undergo several cycles thermal shock to ensure reliability in all road conditions
- Fit and road tested to ensure ease of installation and real world performance
- Complete end-of-line testing
- Thermal shock testing to ensure reliability in all road conditions
Most Common MAP Sensor Products
Common MAP Sensor Failure Symptoms
- Unstable acceleration
- Decreased gas mileage
- Engine stall
Common Causes of Failure
As an electrical component, the sensor may be damaged by contamination or an electrical short.