Classic Sending Unit
On classic vehicles, the fuel pump and fuel gauge operate separately: the mechanical fuel pump is mounted on the engine while the sending unit is left in the fuel tank. This part of the fuel delivery system relays important information about the fuel level to the fuel gauge, and as a result, to the driver.
- Product comes with installation instructions, wiring harness and installation hardware where applicable
- Includes strainers for smoother installation process and ensures a clean fuel system upon replacement
- Precision-tested fuel level sensor ensures vehicle’s fuel gauge will provide an accurate reading at any fuel level
- Tested for voltage, amperage and resistance to ensure product performance and quality
- Unit is designed to OE fit, form and function requirements by leveraging our OE fuel system design expertise
Other Classic Products
- Classic Fuel Tank
- Classic Injection Fuel Tank
- Oil Pan
- Body Panel
- Fuel Tank Straps
- Lock Ring
- Ignition Coil
Common Failure Symptoms
- Inaccurate fuel gauge readings
- Stuck fuel gauge
The float arm of the sending unit within the fuel tank sends a signal about its position of the float. This indicates how much fuel is left in the tank.
A faulty sending unit will not give you the right information about the fuel level which may result in running out of fuel, or more rarely, overfilling your fuel tank.