- Spectra Premium specializes in the development and manufacturing of automotive steel fuel tanks. The growing interest in steel fuel tanks reflects industry trends toward increasingly stringent requirements for fuel economy, evaporative emissions, and recyclability.
- Material properties for a given type of steel are well known and controlled during steel production.
- The stress-strain relationship is known and generally unaffected by typical underbody temperatures.
- Fatigue life of steel components can be accurately predicted using computational methods.
- Material properties can be modified through the application of material science and thermodynamics in order to create materials optimized for specific applications.
- Specialized steel compositions have been developed exclusively for fuel tanks.
Legal Notice | © Spectra Premium 2015