3052 North Distribution Way
Greenfield, IN 46140
Corporate Distribution Manager, North America
As a key member of the Management team, the Corporate Distribution manager assumes a strategic and operational role in the overall management of the company’s corporate operations. The Manager will be accountable to define, lead and oversee a customer centric operation where employees are empowered to deliver results. From strategic planning to hands-on implementation, the Manager holds the primary responsibility of overseeing the organization’s corporate service levels and operational plans. By leading an operational team, this role will ensure the delivery of an operating model and service framework that is aligned with the organization’s business strategy, customer proposition and corporate brand.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish the overall vision and direction for all major Distribution Centers.
- Ensure to the overall proper functioning of all facilities in coordination with the DC Operation managers on place.
- Develop and implement new business strategies for creating or improving processes and procedures in order to improve corporate and financial performance.
- Monitor and compare departmental performance to goals in order to ensure that progress is being made and that corrective actions are taken, if necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate staff levels that meet the requirements of each facility.
- Promote positive morale by setting and demonstrating a strong business ethic for dealing with employees, suppliers and customers.
- Enhance and develop policies, procedures and service systems to meet the goals of each facility.
- Review and approve plans for the control of planned output, budget spending, material efficiency, and human resources.
- Budget preparation and monitoring of budget performance to ensure each facility is meeting or exceeding budgetary commitments.
- Analyze and report on the operation's daily, monthly and annual key performance indicators (KPIs) and report against industry trends.
- Evaluate each DC layout and space requirements to ensure optimization. Negotiate 3PL contracts, if needed.
- Ensure the accuracy of inventories for each facility.
- Ensure that quality systems are operational and maintained.
- Ensure that all Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) requirements are met.
- Any other related tasks.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are an exceptional, top performing individual with the ability to easily shift between strategy and operations. As a member of the management team, you can build strong alliances with all levels of employees in a collaborative, positive and engaging fashion. Specifically, you are a person who:
- Proactively communicates with key stakeholders and can facilitate a leadership team.
- Can see the big picture and be able to focus on the details of a project.
- Is a self-starter with ambition, and enjoys being empowered to drive their business priorities.
- Has a natural ability to influence cross-functional teams and drive results.
- Easily adapts to change, identifies opportunities to improve, and offers strategic solutions.
- Looks for opportunities to delegate, coach and develop their team members.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Knowledge of WMS system
- Capable of implementing Key Performance Indicators
Criteria considered when hiring
- College diploma in logistics or operations management
- Available to travel frequently
- Previous experience in distribution operations
- Previous experience in the automotive industry, an asset
- English mandatory (French an asset)
- Experience in a unionized environment, an asset
- Minimum 7 years experience in corporate operations management
- Preferred experience and knowledge in facility management