Greenfield IN 46140
Retail Account Manager
The Retail Account Managers function is an essential role to enhance and further our partnership with each national retail account by coordinating efforts of internal departments to develop key deliverables that provide actionable insights and recommendations to sales leadership and our key customers. This role will engage with all levels of sales and category management leadership to support key department and organization objectives and targets. The incumbent will be responsible for identifying and executing best practices in sales process, sales analysis, and metrics leveraging the new CRM software/platform, as well as other data sources. This will include auditing, collecting, and analyzing sales data. The position will also be responsible for developing models and tools for reporting purposes and improve on existing tools in use.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and support business needs by delivering sales management with decision oriented information.
- Owns overall accountability for the monitoring related to current sales trend and customer/product line performance versus budget.
- Compile monthly (and ad hoc) analysis for sales leadership inclusive of providing insights and recommendations based around key operational data.
- Help develop tools used by Sales Management to quickly measure sales performance across each key customer/product line that help identify sales opportunities.
- Build strong inter-departmental relationships and lead cross functional teams to support the successful creation and deployment of sales and marketing initiatives at each key customer.
- Help lead internal meetings to ensure all key customer projects/deliverables are completed on time and exceed expectations.
- Gather, analyze, interpret and report sales and operational data.
- Attend various industry events/shows to help educate key customer sales teams on Spectra Premium product lines.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and draw accurate conclusions from sales and customer data.
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access and Power Point) with preferred experience in JDE and COGNOS BI reporting applications.
- A strong focus on accuracy and timeliness is critical.
- Maintaining data integrity and a consistent systematic logical approach to data gathering and analysis is required; Strong analytical aptitude.
- A thorough understanding of the business; business and sales strategy; functional area goals and objectives is very important.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and project management skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with ethical principles.
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines.
Criteria considered when hiring
- Travel as required (less than 25%).
- Bachelor or college degree in Business, Marketing, or Information Systems.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in retail buying or retail planning, preferably in a automotive retail environment or similar experience.
- Ideally, the candidate should reside in Missouri or North Carolina, however this is flexible.